Chicken Apple Sweet Potato Salad
Total Time: 2 hrs. 52 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 37 min.
Yield: 6 servings
- 6 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. stoneground mustard
- 1 tsp. raw honey
- 6½ tsp. olive oil, divided use
- 8 oz. raw chicken breast, boneless, skinless, sliced
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, sliced
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, sliced
- ½ tsp. ground cinnamon
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn or chopped
- 2 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
- 2 Tbsp. raw pecan pieces, toasted
- Preheat oven to 425° F.
- Combine vinegar, mustard, and honey in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
- Slowly add 6 tsp. oil, whisking continuously until blended.
- Place one third vinegar mixture in resealable bag. Add chicken; mix well. Marinate, refrigerated, for at least 2 hours. Set aside remaining vinegar mixture for salad dressing.
- While chicken is marinating, combine sweet potato, apple, cinnamon, and remaining ½ tsp. oil in a medium bowl; toss to blend.
- Place on baking sheet lightly coated with spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes, turn, bake an additional 10 to 15 minutes, or until tender.
- Set aside to cool.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard used marinade.
- Place chicken on baking sheet lightly coated with spray.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Combine lettuce, sweet potato mixture, chicken, cheese, and pecans; toss gently to blend.
- Drizzle with remaining dressing; toss gently to blend.
- Divide evenly between six serving plates.
- Note: Apples can be peeled if you prefer.
21 Day Fix:
- 1/2 yellow
- 1/2 red
- 1/2 blue/orange