Mozzarella and Egg Breakfast Sandwich
Make a healthier breakfast sandwich with a whole wheat English muffin and eggs scrambled with roasted red peppers and fresh basil.
Total Time: 10 min.
Prep Time: 5 min.
Cooking Time: 5 min.
Yield: 1 serving
1 large egg
2 large egg whites
1 Tbsp. low-fat milk
Nonstick cooking spray
2 Tbsp. chopped roasted red bell pepper
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh basil
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 slice part-skim mozzarella cheese (½ oz)
1 whole wheat English muffin, split, toasted
1. Combine egg, egg whites, and milk in a medium bowl; whisk to blend.
2. Heat small nonstick skillet, lightly coated with spray, over medium-low heat.
3. Add eggs; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Add roasted red bell pepper and basil. Season with pepper if desired; cook for 1 to 2 minutes, or until set.
5. Top muffin half with cheese, eggs, and second muffin half.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 196 mg
Sodium: 557 mg
Carbohydrates: 35 g
Fiber: 2 g
Sugar: 2 g
Protein: 24 g
1 Carb Grain
Portion Fix Containers